Donation Wish List
The Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum is always seeking new donations. If you would like to make a tax-deductible "in-kind" contribution to HVRM, please contact us.
The HVRM Wish List
- Locomotives - Operational or serviceable diesel-electric switcher-type and road-use locomotives. Four axle units are preferable, but we would consider a 6-axle unit.
- Freight Cars - Cabooses, box cars, gondolas, tank cars, open-top hoppers, covered hoppers, flat cars, refeers and many other types of freight equipment. We prefer cars that would fit into the 1950s or earlier timeframe.
- Passenger Cars - HVRM currently lacks an acceptable fleet of passenger equipment. In order to grow and prosper, the museum needs passenger cars of all types, but we would like to acquire several open-window coaches.
- Shop Tools & Machines - The museum would consider the donation of car jacks, welding equipment & supplies, hand tools, drills, rotary grinders, metalworking tools, cutting torches, air hoses, extension cords, forklifts, jib cranes, overhead cranes, parts bins, tool storage boxes and more. Woodworking tools and equipment can also come in handy since many of our projects include a fair amount of woodworking.
- Track Maintenance Equipment - The museum desperately needs track maintenance equipment to continue our operations. Right now, the museum could definitely use a tamper, tie inserter/remover, and a spike drivers/puller. Of course, we would also accept the donation of other on-track equipment such as tie cranes, undercutters, track inspection vehicles, switch tampers, ballast regulators, ballast hoppers and more.
- Construction Equipment - As the museum continues to grow and expand, our older equipment has proven itself to be less than adequate in some situations. The museum would greatly appreciate the donation one or more pieces of heavy construction equipment. Backhoes, loaders, dump trucks, and excavators would be very valuable additions.