The museum is open Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CDT (Chicago time).
The signal on the south side of the track at the crosswalk is known as a Style DW built by the Union Switch & Signal company in 1916. It is believed to have come from Crown Point, Indiana where the Erie had 6. On the north side of the track is a signal that was manufactured by the Western Railroad Supply Company in Chicago. It is known as a Model 5 Auto Flag. It was one of the first automatic crossing signals and was designed to replicate the swinging motion of a crossing watchman’s lantern. On top of the DW sits a US&S Model 15 “teardrop” bell and on the Model 5 wig wag, is a WRRS Model 222.
574-896-3950 Depot Phone