The Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum has adopted several policies to help manage our operations. Please read the policies below and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for more information. Please note that our policies are subject to change without notice.
- Trains run rain or shine.
- No smoking, alcohol or pets allowed on the train.
- There are no working restrooms on the train.
- Our vintage railcars have limited handicapped accessibility - please call in advance for details.
- All trains operate on CENTRAL TIME (Chicago time).
- Train times are approximate and we are not responsible for delays.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes early, as late boarding is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to cancel trips and substitute equipment.
- Customers will receive a credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation prior to an event.
- Customers will receive a full refund in case of railroad cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets can be rescheduled to another date or time, subject to availability.
- Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.
- No-shows will be charged the full price.
Throttle Time Policy
- No refunds.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a valid driver's license.
- You must be physically capable of climbing into the cab of a full-size locomotive.
- Passengers are not permitted on board the train while it is in operation.
- We reserve the right to cancel this program or change equipment, as necessary.
- All times are CENTRAL TIME (Chicago time).
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time and report to the depot.
Gift Shop Policy
- No refunds.
- We will replace defective or damaged products.