The museum is open Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CDT (Chicago time).
This locomotive was originally built as Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range Railway no. 162 in 1959 (S/N 25262) by the Electro-Motive Division of General Motors as an SD-9. The locomotive was subsequently rebuilt by the Missabe as an SD-M in 1990, becoming no. 314. In 1993, the locomotive was transferred to the Elgin, Joliet & Eastern, becoming their 814.
The locomotive was sold to Indiana Boxcar and later transferred to the Chesapeake & Indiana Railroad. The locomotive was sold to a private owner who subsequently leased it to the Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum. The locomotive is operational.
574-896-3950 Depot Phone