The museum is open Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CDT.

Nickel Plate Road No. 45622

Build Date 1946
Model/Type Gondola
Status Display

Equipment History

This open-top gondola was constructed as a Wheeling & Lake Erie 45500-series car in 1946. The gondola became the property of the Nickel Plate Road with the same number series after the leasing of the W&LE by the NKP. After the NKP merger with the Norfolk & Western, the gondola became property of N&W and was rebuilt in May of 1965. This car was donated to our museum by Norfolk Southern in February of 1994.