The museum will be open this Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CDT (Chicago time)

Nickel Plate Road Flat Car No. 1946

Builder Standard Steel Car
Build Date 1926
Model/Type Flar Car
Status Operational

Equipment History

Built as Wheeling & Lake Erie no. 1946 by Standard Steel Car in 1926. This car was coverted to haul piggyback trailers in 1956 or '57. The flat car was donated to our museum by Norfolk Southern and arrived on April 4, 1998. The museum converted the car into an open-air sightseeing car for use on our tourist trains.