The museum is open Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CDT (Chicago time).
|Build Date||April 1956|
This caboose was built by International Car in April of 1956 as the Elgin, Joliet & Eastern no. 510. This caboose was on lease to the Bessemer & Lake Erie when it was donated to the Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum by the EJ&E in May of 1989.
This caboose operated as B&LE no. 1989 for many years at the museum before being returned to its original orange EJ&E paint scheme. This caboose is typical of most steel cabooses and is known as a cupola caboose. It is currently operational.
574-896-3950 Depot Phone