NKP Boxcar #15797 Repainted
In late summer 2010, Nickel Plate Road boxcar #15797 was repainted by Secretary Mark Knebel and lettered by Director Joe Kingsbury. The boxcar was built in 1937 by General American Car for the Nickel Plate, later seeing service for the Norfolk & Western and eventually Norfolk Southern. NS donated the car to the city of Orland Park, Illinois. Bill Vogel donated the car to the Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum in May of 1994.
Photo by Judy Boyer.